Monday, September 9, 2013

The highs and lows of modeling

No, I'm not talking about magazine modeling. As if.

I'm talking about the pictures I occasionally take for this blog, and let's face it, I called this post the highs and lows, but it's really just the lows. The sad, sad lows.

Though I haven't posted any in awhile, sometimes I like to include outfit posts because sometimes I think I wear cute things, but I would be lying if I said getting good photos wasn't a bitch

Some girls are just super photogenic or love themselves enough to be totally at home in front of the camera, but I am not--I repeat--not, one of them.

In fact, the photos that make it to the blog probably only constitute about 5 percent of the total taken and the other 95 percent are completely unusable. 

Why? Oh, only because if my eyes aren't closed, they look crazed or just totally empty. Sorry, Tyra, there's no damn smizing here. Oh, and in most photos my face has decided to give the camera a silent "fuck you" by refusing to appear even slightly appealing.

My boyfriend takes most of my photos (you can tell when they're from a tri-pod, trust) and tells me when my face needs to be, uh, rearranged, but honestly, there's just no fixing awkward.

You can see more of this mess here.





































Yep, so equal parts crazed, deer-in-the-headlights and "DAMNIT KATIE YOUR EYES ARE SHUT AGAIN." And now I'm going to stop embarrassing myself. Happy Monday, everyone!

(Oh, but if you actually want some useful advice on modeling, check out Crystal's post on the topic here.)
 
 

20 comments:

  1. You still look great! I, on the other hand, has the worst postures and awkward expressions ever. *cringe*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha this is why I could never be a fashion blogger! I'm the definition of AWKWARD! This is why I've mastered the selfie, I can control my face in a photo more than I can make a full body shot work haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is me. Everything you wrote is my life! It literally takes me 60 photos to get ONE good one!! It's just too much energy which is why I applaud you (and everyone else) who posts photos of themselves! I like the posted/not posted photos! It makes me feel less awkward knowing I'm not alone in my awkwardness haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! Isn't it so annoying? I know if I just did it more frequently, I'd be better at it, but gah, it's just such a process! I'm glad you understand!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, hey, whatever works! I really don't know how the fashion bloggers do it who take a photo of themselves every day. No thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, well thanks! But I'm sure you don't look nearly as bad as you think! We're always seem to be our own worst critics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too funny! That's probably why I never take outfit pictures! Just finding your blog as you're my Snail Mail Collective partner!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These photos are too great! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Keeping one's eyes open for pictures is a hard, hard job!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, exciting! I just looked at the list! I'll have to venture over to your blog now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It really is! And you can always count on me to be the one person in a group of people who has their eyes shut.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Some days I'm lucky and get good photos without much effort, but o others, I can try and try and still end up with not even a single good one. This stuff is hard!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha, yeah it is. And you know? I like writing the fashion posts up, but I'm just not a huge fan of being in front of the camera.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This behind-the-scenes post totally made my day, thank you!! : ) I've noticed that there are some bloggers who only post the perfect pictures and it can get really annoying over time (same thing with people's Facebook pages) and I now believe that showing the not-so-perfect makes you likeable and "real" to other people. Kudos to you : )

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks, Kate! And I totally agree about the Facebook photos. I hate when people delete or untag themselves in any where they aren't absolutely perfect looking. You shouldn't take yourself so seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  16. haha aw, this is so cute! Style photos are the worst - I don't know how people manage to look so comfortable in front of the camera! I drive my bf crazy when he's taking them. Kudos for sharing!
    -Annie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hilarious and so honest! I have tons of those no good pictures, too:) Thanks for sharing--this was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I know--I do not get how photogenic some people are! Do they just practice in the mirror? Maybe I need to start doing that.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks, Kari! I figured I should do something with the dozens and dozens of terrible photos I have considering they outweigh my good ones by a long-shot.

    ReplyDelete